“If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator. 11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
Points to Ponder
1. Where is Christ seated right now?
2. Since we have died with Christ and our life is hidden in Him, what is promised?
3. Since our lives are in Christ, our focus is to be on things above. The world isn’t to have the same hold on us that it did. This happens as we do what with our old lifestyle of sin?
4. As we put on Christ, instead of holding to our old lifestyle of sin we cling to the control of Christ in our lives. What does it mean when Paul writes that, “Christ is all and in all”?
5. Are you ready to focus on what really matters? Jesus Christ is Lord and He is returning. Put to death all the dumb things you have been doing and put on Christ and focus on Him. Are you ready to trust Christ with control?
Song of Response: “Be The Center”