1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Points To Ponder:
1. John is making a bold statement. This Jesus is God’s Word in flesh and even more Jesus is God. Creation took place through the control of Jesus Christ. Have you come to the place of trusting in the control of Jesus Christ as your Creator and Lord?
2. Only children of God will enter into eternal life and live with God in heaven forever. So how does someone become a child of God?
3. John the disciple describes John the Baptist as a witness who came to testify to Christ Jesus so that people may believe in Him. If you confess Christ as Lord then do you realize that you are also called to be a witness of Jesus Christ so that people may believe in Him?
4. John tells us that Jesus was fully God in verse 1 and fully man in verse 14. What could be seen in the life of Christ and what was Jesus full of?
5. Has Jesus Christ taken the same place in your life that He holds in the universe as Lord and Master? Do you realize that you were created by Christ and you become His by trusting in His control? Do you believe that the fullness of grace needed to save and the fullness of truth to live is only found in Jesus Christ? Are you ready to be a witness for Jesus today?
Response in Song: “This Is My Destiny” by Dennis Jernigan