11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12 he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
Points to Ponder:
1. Hebrews tells us that Jesus appeared as a perfect High Priest. What is the main job function of a Jewish High Priest?
2. A Jewish High Priest was only allowed to enter a earthy Holy of Holies, built by man. Jesus was and is able to enter the true Holy of Holies built by who?
3. If the sacrifice of animals and their blood poured onto the alter of God brought forgiveness and redemption from God, what does the blood of Christ, God the Son, do?
4. The blood of Christ delivers us out of what and into serving who?
5. The truth of Jesus’ death and resurrection is amazing. Jesus who is qualified fulfilled the role of the High Priest by interceding before God on your behalf. He Himself not only interceded for you, but became your sacrifice and poured out His own blood for your forgiveness and redemption. Once you give Christ control of your life He rescues you from dead works and makes you alive for the purpose of serving the Living God. Have you taken this step of trusting in Christ as the Lord of your life?
Song of Response: “By His Wounds”